Who agrees that finding a sugar-free, nut-free, good tasting granola is basically impossible? It seems that all granola these days are loaded with sugar, and if they’re not, most are honestly not that great tasting. I got in my kitchen today and decided to fix the problem, and not only fix it but create a granola that had functional benefits as well!
This granola tastes great, it’s simple to make, AND it is inflammation-reducing, restorative and stress relieving – talk about multi-purposeful ;).
The functional properties (i.e. inflammation reducing, restorative, etc) come from the fact that it includes Glow Flow Chefs Instant Turmeric Latte Powder, which contains turmeric (inflammation-reducing), coconut powder and tocotrienols (restorative), ashwagandha, reishi (stress-relieving) and astragalus (healing). And I just love the addition of golden berries for their burst of sour flour and of course their powerful antioxidant properties.
This granola works perfectly as a topper to smoothies, yogurt or desserts. It does not clump together, so if you’re looking for that, my suggestion is to throw in an egg with the liquid mixture, which will serve as a binder and make the granola a bit “clumpier.” I definitely will be trying that next time.
Enjoy this healing, GOLDEN GRANOLA!
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup golden berries
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup coconut butter, melted
- 1/4 cup tahini (can use almond butter, sunflower butter, other nut or seed butter)
- 1/2 cup Glow Flow Chefs Instant Turmeric Latte Powder
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a medium size bowl. Stir to combine.
- Combine all wet ingredients in a small bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add wet ingredient to dry ingredients and stir thoroughly until all dry ingredients are well coated.
- Add mixture to parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Place in the oven for 20 min.
- After 20 min, check to see if the granola is lightly toasted. If you prefer darker, more browned granola, go for 5 more minutes.
- Once ready, remove granola from the oven and let cool for at least 10 minutes. I suggest storing it in the fridge, but that is completely optional. Enjoy!
Shop the recipe: