All you brownie lovers out there, this recipe is for YOU!
If you’re looking for a healthy, nutrient dense, feel-good brownie, you are going to LOVE this recipe.
It’s extremely easy to make and the result is delicious, moist brownie bites you can feel amazing about eating. Not to mention, they feature Glow Flow Chefs Instant Cacao Latte Blend, which will leave you feeling relaxed, blissed-out and super chill.
GFC Instant Cacao Latte Blend is made with several adaptogens that give it bliss-enhancing properties. These include ashwagandha, reishi and mucuna. For more on adaptogens, check out this post, which explains their many, pretty remarkable uses and benefits. And here are a few more specifics on the particular adaptogens in this blend:
ASHWAGANDHA is a superstar adaptogen, used in Ayurvedic practices for numerous things, but most notably for lowering cortisol and reducing stress. Ashwagandha has been proven effective in supporting adrenal function, helping people overcome adrenal fatigue and chronic stress. Recent studies have revealed its efficacy at protecting the brain from degeneration (due to its powerful antioxidant composition) as well as its effectiveness at treating depression and improving mood.
The REISHI mushroom is an edible type of medicinal fungus used for thousands of years for its various healing abilities. Most notably reishi is revered for its strong anti-inflammatory properties, ability to increase longevity, immune function and mental clarity.
MUCUNA PRURIENS is shown to have potent balancing and restorative effects on the entire nervous system. Mucuna contains naturally occurring L-dopa, an essential precursor of the neurotransmitter dopamine, which regulates mood, cognition and sleep.
Again, if you’re a brownie fan, we urge you to give this recipe a shot. It will not disappoint!
- 1 cup dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1/4 cup Glow Flow Chefs Instant Cacao Latte Blend
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder (can swap for carob powder if you prefer a fudge flavor)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Soak dates in a medium bowl with warm water to allow them to soften for 5 minutes. Note, if your dates are already very moist, this step is not necessary.
- While the dates soften, add walnuts and remaining ingredients to a food processor and process until the mixture is finely ground.
- Add moistened, drained dates to a food processor and process until all ingredients are well combined.
- Remove the blade from food processor and scoop mixture into a bowl.
- Roll mixture into small balls with your hands. I like to place them on parchment paper so they do not stick. Note, this mixture is VERY sticky – have fun with it!
- Enjoy bliss balls at room temperature or place them in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
Shop the recipe: